The registration year runs from June 1 – May 31.
Registrations permits (full, interim and telepractice) are renewed every year in May.
Make sure your email address is updated in your registrant profile so you don’t miss critical information and deadlines.
Instructions for Online Registration Renewal
Video Playlist: 7 short how-to clips on renewing registration online
- Complete the Annual Self Report (full registrants only). Please refer to the email sent to you on April 27 containing a link to the ASR.
- Go to https://cptbc.org/.
- Click on Registrant Login.
- If you can’t remember the password use the ‘forgot your password’ feature.
- The College uses two factor authentication to protect your information. You may be asked to enter a code that has been sent to your email address. The code usually arrives quickly, but if it doesn’t please check your junk/spam folder and ensure you are checking the correct email address. Clicking ‘send new code’ will generate a different code and render the previous one invalid.
- Update your registrant profile.
- Questions? Refer to our instructional videos above and/or our registration renewal FAQ
- Enter your practice hours from June 1, 2022 to May 31, 2023 for each employer on record. Review this page for more information on practice hour requirements.
- Effective June 1, 2022, all registrants are required to hold private, individual professional liability insurance (PLI). You must select the name of your insurance provider from the drop down list (or enter it in the text box if you don’t see it on the list) and your policy number. This information may be subject to verification by the College later in the year.
- Complete the renewal form.
- Once you submit your renewal form, you may expect one of the following:
- You will be taken immediately to the payment page OR
- Your renewal form will be forwarded to registration for review. This review generally is completed within the same business day but could take longer. Staff may be in touch via email. Once the form is approved, you will receive an email that will take you to the payment page.
- Once payment is completed, renewal is complete and you will be able to access your permit and tax receipt through your registrant login home page.
Criminal Record Re-Check (CRC) for Full and Interim Registrants
To make it easier for registrants to meet the CRC requirements set by the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General, registrants are asked to provide acknowledgement to the CRC consent in the renewal form. The College then initiates the Criminal Record Re-Check on registrants’ behalf.
Note: Providing a BC driver’s license or BCID information may expedite the CRC process. If you choose to provide this information, please be prepared to upload a copy (e.g., scan, photo) of the BC driver’s license or BCID.
Suggestions for Success
- It takes time to complete the renewal and your form may be subject to review. Give yourself plenty of time and avoid doing it last minute.
- Complete your Annual Self Report (ASR) first if you are renewing as a full registrant. The email you use to login to the ASR is the same as the one you use to login for renewal but the password is likely different.
- Check the email address you are using to login especially if you have more than one email address or recently changed your email address
- If you are being asked to ‘verify your browser for Alinity’, wait for the code to arrive in your email; if you click the ‘send new code’ button, a new code will be generated and you will need to wait for that new code
- Do not use Internet Explorer (instead use Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.).
- Credit cards (Visa and MasterCard) are accepted for payment; debit cards are not accepted.
- Problems? Try clearing your browser history or switching to another browser or device.
- Questions? Try reviewing the video above or refer to our registration renewal FAQ.
- If you have ongoing difficulty, contact the College for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org. Where possible, include a screenshot or photo of the problem so that we may better assist you.
Leaving the Profession?
If you wish to cancel your registration, you will be able to do so during renewal. Select “Former” as the category and follow the instructions.
Cancellation of Registration for Failure to Renew
In accordance with CPTBC’s bylaws you must renew your registration by end of business day on May 31 or the last business day prior to May 31 if May 31 happens to fall on a non-business day. Your registration will be cancelled effective June 1.
Once your registration is cancelled:
- You will not be able to practice physical therapy in BC or use the title Physical Therapist
- Your billing number for Medical Services Plan (MSP) and other insurers will cease to be valid
- You must then apply for reinstatement – see Reinstatement Following Cancellation for Failure to Renew
- A penalty fee will apply and reinstatement is not immediate
Registration Renewal Fees
|Registration Category||Renewal Fee|
If you have questions about registration, contact the College at email@example.com.