If your registration was cancelled due to failure to renew by May 31 or the last business day prior to May 31 if the deadline falls on a non-business day that particular year, you may apply for reinstatement.
Applying for Reinstatement Following Cancellation for Failure to Renew
Reinstatement opens shortly after the renewal deadline and ends July 31 or the last business day prior to July 31 if the deadline falls on a non-business day that particular year . The timeframe for processing reinstatements is up to 5 business days once your reinstatement application is submitted.
Until the reinstatement process has been completed (that is, submitted, approved and paid), you may not practice physical therapy or assign physical therapy services nor hold yourself out as a physical therapist entitled to practice.
After July 31 or the last business day prior to July 31 if the deadline falls on a non-business day that year, you must then re-apply for registration. An application fee will be charged in addition to the registration fee.
- Complete the Annual Self Report (full registrants only). Save your certificate of completion as you will need to upload it in your reinstatement form.
- For reinstatement, go to www.cptbc.org
- Click on Registrant Login
- If you can’t remember the password use the ‘forgot password’ feature
- You may be asked to ‘Verify your browser for Alinity’; a code will be sent to you via email
- Effective June 1, 2022, all registrants are required to hold private, individual professional liability insurance (PLI). You must select the name of your insurance provider from the drop down list (or enter it in the text box if you don’t see it on the list) and your policy number. This information may be subject to verification by the College later in the year.
- Your reinstatement application will be reviewed once you have submitted your reinstatement
- The review process may take up to 5 business days
- You will be notified by email
- Until the decision is communicated, you are not permitted to practice
Suggestions for Success
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Do not use Internet Explorer as it is no longer supported (e.g., instead use Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge etc.).
- Credit cards (Visa and MasterCard) are accepted for payment; debit cards are not accepted.
- Problems? Try clearing your browser history or switching to another browser or device.
- If you have ongoing difficulty, contact the College for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org. Where possible, include a screenshot or photo of the problem so that we may better assist you.
Fees are non-refundable, not pro-rated and subject to change.
If you have questions regarding reinstatement, contact the College at email@example.com.