All full and interim registrants received a reminder email from the College about an upcoming change in registration renewal requirements. Beginning in 2024, when renewing for the 2024/2025 registration year, full registrants must have at least 1200 practice hours in the preceding five years to renew. Those who passed the entry-to-practice exam within the preceding five years are exempt.
Practice hours are:
- “paid and professional activity hours spent in physical therapy practice or other activities resulting from possessing physiotherapy or physical therapy credentials and experience and which may include clinical practice, research, administration, teaching or academic positions, and consulting” (CPTBC Bylaws)
- reported only during renewal
- the number of hours you practised physical therapy during the registration year
- reported separately for each employment you have on record for the registration year
Practice hours are not:
- reported for years when you were not practicing as a physical therapist
- always the same as your total working hours; depending on your job, some of what you do might not be defined as ‘paid and professional activity hours spent in physical therapy practice or other activities resulting from possessing physiotherapy or physical therapy credentials and experience’
- your weekly hours
- lunch breaks, vacations, other days off
- corrected by the College if the correction is for earlier than the previous registration year
Contact email@example.com if you have questions.