Review of Inquiry Committee Decisions
A complainant who is dissatisfied with a decision of the Inquiry Committee has the legal right to request a review by the Health Professions Review Board.
An application requesting a review of the disposition of a complaint by the Inquiry Committee must be made within 30 days of the receipt by the complainant of notice of the decision of the Inquiry Committee.
The application for review must be delivered to the Health Professions Review Board, to the College and to the physical therapist who was the subject of the complaint.
On receipt of an application of review of the decision of the Inquiry Committee, the Health Professions Review Board will conduct a review of the disposition and must consider one or both of the following:
- the adequacy of the investigation conducted respecting the complaint and/or
- the reasonableness of the disposition made by the Inquiry Committee.
An application for a review must:
- be in writing;
- identify the decision or investigation or disposition for which a review is being requested;
- state the relief being sought and state why the decision or disposition should be changed;
- contain the name, address and telephone number of the applicant, and if the applicant has an agent to act on the applicant’s behalf in respect of the review, the name of the agent and the telephone number at which the agent may be reached during regular business hours;
- include an address for service for the purpose of delivery of any notices in respect of the review; and
- be signed by the applicant or the applicant’s agent.