The registration year begins on January 1 and expires on December 31 each year.
On October 27, 2017 registrants were notified by email that online registration renewal opens at 9:00 a.m. PST on November 1, 2017.
Your CPTBC registration must be renewed by January 1, 2018 to avoid a late fee. If you are not registered by January 31, 2018 your registration will be cancelled. Once your registration is cancelled:
- You will not be able to practice physical therapy in BC or use the title
- Medical Services Plan (MSP) will be notified, and
- Your billing number will immediately cease to be valid
- You must then apply to be reinstated, please contact the College for assistance
Instructions for Online Registration Renewal
It is strongly recommended that you complete your registration renewal on a desktop or laptop computer, as the online registration renewal is not yet optimized for mobile devices.
- Online renewal is available as of 9:00 a.m. PST on Wednesday, November 1, 2017
- Click on the registrant login.
USER ID (NEW): the User ID is your unique 5-digit College registration number and not your first and last name. You can find your registration number using the College public register.
PASSWORD: Your password remains the same. If you can’t remember the password please use the ‘forgot your password’ feature on the login page.
- (NEW) On the ‘declaration page’, you will be able to declare your malpractice insurance. Click on the +add button and from the drop down menu, pick the malpractice insurance option that applies to you
- If you hold private liability/malpractice insurance, please be prepared to submit information on your policy provider, policy number as well as policy effective and expiry dates. This information may be subject to auditing by the College later in the year. Do not send a copy of your insurance during the renewal.
- If you were notified in September 2017 to complete the criminal record 5-year re-check, this will need to be completed in order for you to renew your registration for 2018.
Suggestions for Success
- Complete your renewal on a desktop or laptop computer
- Have your login information ready
- Read the instructions carefully
- Clear your browser history (if needed)
- Do the renewal when you have dedicated time (around 10 minutes) to avoid timing out the session
- If you plan to pay by credit card, please have your card ready
- You may download and print your permit as proof of registration, employers may use our public register to verify registration
- If you have ongoing difficulties, please call the College for assistance at (604) 730-9193
Changing Status to Inactive during Renewal?
When you are at the employment section on your profile:
- Change the employment status to ‘not working’ or ‘retired
- Set an expiry date for your employment (future date is allowed)
- Deselect the primary employment box
- Click the ‘save’ button
Once you completed the steps above, you can then change your status to inactive.
Practice Hours for 2017
Practice hours are defined as hours worked in physical therapy practice. This includes clinical practice, physical therapy administration, teaching, management, research, and consultation where the knowledge, skills, and abilities of a physical therapist constitute the basis for the job responsibilities. It does not include continuing education, volunteer work, professional association or College activities, vacation leave, sick leave, family leave, leave of absence, education leave, or statutory holidays.
Please make sure that only one e-mail address is linked with your College account.
Registration Renewal Fees
Regular fees apply for online renewals that are completed before midnight on January 1, 2018. A late fee applies to renewals electronically dated between January 2, 2018 and January 31, 2018. Your registration will be cancelled February 1, 2018 if you have not completed your registration renewal online by January 31, 2018.
Fees for 2018
|REGISTRATION FEE||LATE REGISTRATION FEE*||REINSTATEMENT FEE**|
|RENEWAL DATES||November 1, 2017 to January 1, 2018||January 2, 2018 to January 31, 2018||February 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018|
|FULL, INTERIM, LIMITED||$500.00||$600.00||$675.00|
* Fee + 20% as per Bylaws Section 44(6)
** Fee + 35% as per Bylaws Section 44(7)(c)
If your registration is cancelled, you must stop practicing as a physical therapist in British Columbia until you have reinstated your registration.
Reinstatement of registration after cancellation for non-payment of dues
In order to apply for reinstatement of your registration, you must submit a letter of request to the College, a completed renewal form (customized), proof of malpractice insurance if you are a full registrant or an interim registrant, the registration fee, and the reinstatement fee. Please note that following the cancellation of your registration, you will not be able to complete your renewal online.
If you were an inactive registrant and wish to apply for full registration when you reinstate your registration, you may download the application package online.
If you are a clinic owner
Please remember to identify yourself as the owner of the clinic in the employment section of the database. This will enable the College to contact you more easily in the future if required.
If you have more questions, contact the College at (604) 730-9193 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.